11.21.2011

Utah @ Washington State

Final Score: 30-27  


Ay yi yi.  This game was WAY too close for comfort.

I had to work a night shift again so we didn't go.  I had THOUGHT that the game would be over by the time I left for work at 6:30pm.  Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Somehow after every time we scored and I thought the game was over, WSU would come back and score.  Me, Dawson, and Kylie were freaking out.  Of course the timing was perfect so I had to leave for work RIGHT as we were going into overtime.  Was I losing my mind?  Yes.

I cranked up the radio in the car and listened to the game while making phone calls to Julie and Dawson.  When we got the interception I DID cheer in the car by myself.  After Coleman Peterson made the field goal and won the game for us, I DID roll down the windows and yell to everyone on Foothill Blvd. that we won.  And then called Dawson and cheered with him on the phone.

AND lucky for me I had a patient who was as obsessed with college football as I am.  He had the USC-Oregon game on in his room and for some reason I had to "check on him" a lot of times during the game.  Go figure.  He was nice enough to yell out to me every time Oregon scored in the 4th quarter if I wasn't in there, and we both sighed in despair when they missed that fieldgoal.  I do really love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment