5.13.2012

Mom

Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mom!
 I saw this the other day and it describes me perfectly:


My Mom is definitely the most used number on my phone.  Just SOME of the reasons I call her:
  • questions about cooking or to get a recipe 
  • whenever me or Dawson are sick (having a nurse for a mom is AWESOME) 
  • advice about Dash (she gave Dash a haircut this weekend, just add Dog Groomer to her list of talents)
  • to go to a Crossfit class together 
  • when I'm at the grocery store and don't know what brand to buy
  • just to chat while driving
  • to go shopping 
  • if I'm having trouble with my computer (she could work at the Apple store)
  • when I'm "frustrated" with my husband
  • to gossip about something I heard or saw on Facebook
  • when I'm in a hair crisis
  • to help me with gardening (she has the ultimate green thumb) 
  • advice on what I should buy or need for the house
  • to come over and hang out
  • Etc, etc, etc
I honestly could not survive without my mom!  I don't think I could ever repay her for everything she has done for me and continues to do.  That woman is a saint to put up with everything she has with me and the rest of her hooligan children.  I'm so so so lucky to have her as a best friend, she is the absolute best mom I ever could have asked for.  She loves all of us unconditionally, and always puts us before herself.  I have a LOT of work to do if I ever want to dream of being as amazing of a mom as she is!


I  also want to say Happy Mother's day to my mother-in-law Diana!  I could never thank her enough for raising such a wonderful son.  I still don't understand how she raised 4 boys to turn out so well-mannered (and handsome!).  I don't know if I could have survived being the only woman in a houseful of boys, but she did and with flying colors.  I know I am DEFINITELY going to be calling Diana with parenting advice when we have our kids.  She is one of the most selfless people I have ever met, and I'm so glad that our future kidlets are going to have such a fabulous grandma!


Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment