5.05.2012

Disneyland!


Dawson hadn't been to Disneyland since he was 6 (or possible 8, it's still being debated), and I was sooo excited to go with him to witness his first experience with the Happiest Place on Earth that he would actually remember.  I LOVE Disneyland.  Not in a weirdly obsessed way that makes me dress in Disney apparel on the reg, but in a normal "it's impossible to be in a bad mood when I'm there" way.



It was especially fun to go with Colin and Jamie and the girls!  Presley knew ALL the best rides in Disneyland and made sure we went on them.  She was so brave, and even went on scary rides (even though she had to shut her eyes sometimes).  I really am such a proud aunt, I love that little girl!  




And what Disneyland adventure is complete without a ride(s) on the Teacups?!?!  I could have gone on the teacups every other ride probably, they are my absolute favorite.  And even though no one can spin those teacups as fast as my dad did when I was little, we did a pretty good job.  Maybelle definitely rivals me though in love for the teacups... Watching her face while we were spinning was quite possibly my favorite part of the day!






While the little girls loved Disneyland, they still needed their naps.  So when everyone went to the hotel for a little break, Dawson was kind enough to humor me and stay at the park with me so we could get a solid 12 hours in.  I was worried he would get a little tired, but nope.  Disneyland Dawson was SO much fun! (Not that School Dawson and Work Dawson aren't great too, but...).  The fact that we can laugh together even while being hungry and waiting in super long lines definitely proves something about our relationship, right?  I think it does.  Although the corn dogs after did make us feel a lot better.



Fav Ride! 




And what Disneyland experience is complete without seeing Mickey and Minnie?  Well thanks to Diana, we not only got to see them, but got to have breakfast with them!  
We're convinced that Disneyland has to be breaking child labor laws because the person dressed up as Mickey had to be a 12 year old girl cuz he/she was so small, but whatevs.




I loved our day at Disneyland so much.  It's so sad that the best days always seem to go by the fastest!  Oh, and on a gloomier note- it's ALSO so sad that someone decided to steal my bag and Dawson's backpack right before we went to the airport.  It's even more sad that I had my iPod, new make-up, favorite shoes, and Disneyland mug in my bag.  And it's the absolute saddest that Dawson had his computer and all his notes for finals in his backpack!  But... even all that is worth how much fun we had (Dawson might not agree with me right now, but trust me, he will eventually).  










No comments:

Post a Comment