9.09.2011

Honeymooners

Our honeymoon was epic.

Dawson planned the honeymoon and did quite well I might say.  We both have the same favorite place in the world (Hawaii) but since we went there 2 weeks before we got married, he had to brainstorm.  I'm so glad he picked Belize, a place that we had both never been, because it made the adventure that much more fun for both of us. We left 2 days after we got married, and let me tell you- being done with stupid wedding planning and going off to an exotic place with your best friend was the best thing EVER.  Whoever invented honeymoons was pure genius.  Afterwards I decided that we should go on a honeymoon every month, and I'm still confused as to why this hasn't been happening.

Anyway, here is a basic rundown of our unBELIZEable honeymoon:

Day 1:
Record breaking security line = almost missing our 6 am flight
Taking an 8 seater Belizean plane to our resort
Overcoming a panic attack 
Making ourselves at home in our cottage on the beach
Finding "our spot" for our nightly walks








Day 2:
Zip lining in the jungle
Going on a jungle adventure with our authentic Belizean guide
Cave tubing
Overcoming another fear of getting eaten by something lurking in the water of a dark cave












Day 3:
Snorkeling at the world's 2nd largest barrier reef
Breaking the underwater camera on the way to the barrier reef
Spending the afternoon on a secluded island in the middle of the ocean
Bike ride into town
Meeting the crazy hemp lady who lived in a bus










Day 4:
Kayaking in amazing 80 degree ocean water
Working on our killer tans
Reading on the beach
Hammock love
Waking up to a midnight storm with the loudest thunder I've ever heard







Day 5:
Visting Mayan ruins
Surviving sweltering heat
Facing Dawson's fear of heights
Not ashamed of our white trash outfits
Eating at an authentic Belizean restaurant
Not puking after eating at an authentic Belizean restaurant











Day 6:
Taking a "strenuous" hike up to a waterfall
Seeing animals we'd only seen on Animal Planet
Dawson teasing me about my hiking skills
Dawson getting a good dose of karma and falling in the stream after teasing me








Day 7:
Taking the 8-seater plane back
Overcoming another panic attack
AMERICAN FOOD!!!
Being a little sad the honeymoon is over
Being more excited to be coming back as MR. and MRS.!



Thank you again Daws for our amazing honeymoon, MUAH!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad you blogged about this. What a fantastic trip! I love the pictures!! I wish we took more on ours. And um... can I have your skinny bikini body? We all need to go on a cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! Love the phrase un Belize able lol... You two are total hotties!!! Love the honeymoon recap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, your body...I'm so envious....ugh, will you gain about 20 pounds before Priest Lake so I don't have to hide in sweats the entire vay cay?! It's a good thing I love you, or I'd hate you because you are so freaking hot! I'm so glad you posted these pictures..you and Daw are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so happy to see these!! and so happy to be able to relate to your belizean food fears and panic attacks - had my own share of them there too! going to have to echo what everyone else has said so far though - give me your bod!! cutest couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome, especially your rockin hot body :)

    ReplyDelete