9.04.2011

Utah vs. Montana State


Final Score: 27-10

Football season is finally here!  I'm torn between being incredibly excited and incredibly stressed.  I love me some Utes, but when they aren't winning by at least 3 touchdowns my anxiety level is through the roof.  I usually get very focused and involved in the game, but luckily we were up the whole time so I was able to be a little bit social.  Which is good because we had some very important visitors this game...

My brother and sister-in-law, Andrew and Jen, were able to come to the game!  Jen is a true Ute and I love her for it.  Andy, on the other hand, we have to convert from the blue side.  He did show up in a red shirt however and you bet I heard the words "GO UTES" come out of his mouth on more than one occasion!  Not as impressive as me and Jen dancing and singing the whole fight song, but still.  He passed the test and will now be able to be invited again.

I love my sista, isn't she stunning? 



Let's see if you paid attention to that last pic and can figure out who the other visitors were... Ok I'll just tell you.  President and Sister Uchtdorf!  President Uchtdorf is a big Utah fan and has gotten to know my dad over the years.  They wanted to come to a game, and were given the option between the box seats or the stadium seats right behind the team.  They chose to be in the seats where all the action is, which I think is so great!  It was an awesome experience to get to meet an apostle and his wife.  They were the nicest people, and took the time to take pictures and shake anyone's hand who asked (me and Jen could just feel the blessings we were getting while we shook his hand).




I know my huge mug is ruining the shot, but it's a good pic of Dawson and Pres. Uchtdorf


Swoop giving Pres. Uchtdorf a hard time, I think he enjoyed it

Here are some more pics from the game for you to enjoy, including my cute husband in his new UTE shirt, our favorite Uncle Freddie, my little brother Alex and his date, and my darling cousin Kaela:




Go Utes!


After the game, a tragedy happened.  While driving home from the game, a drunk driver hit the car of Ron Tongaonevai's wife, Janelle, killing her instantly.  I had gotten to meet Janelle at a Player's Wives BBQ we had just a few weeks ago, and she was the sweetest girl.  An absolute doll who was so friendly and had a big smile on her face the whole time.  It broke my heart to hear of the accident, Ron and their family are in all of our thoughts and prayers.




2 comments:

  1. that is so terrible!! what a tragic end to a wonderful saturday... thanks for the update and love the uchtdorf pics!!! GO UTES!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i officially regret not buying muss tickets. looks like so much fun! ahhh president uchtdorf is my favorite. love that man!

    ReplyDelete