9.05.2011

Labor Day Weekend

We weren't rich enough to go anywhere fun for Labor Day weekend but we still managed to have a good time (It's not hard to have a good time with Dawson though, we find joy out of mundane things like grocery shopping together - which we also did this weekend).

We hit up the driving range together for the first time, where I was quite impressed by Dawson's skillzzz.  I think he was impressed by mine too though because even though he kills it in distance, I hit it straight pretty much every time while he has a fabulous slice.




Daw's good friend Dallin was kind enough to take us four-wheeling up in Oakley, which was both fun and terrifying.  I took my own four-wheeler but I guess I'm not as strong as I think I am because after 3 hours of driving that thing my arms were DEAD and I woke up so sore the next day.  I managed to not tip over ever, even though the trail was pretty much sideways at some points.  It helped having Dawson behind me yelling at me what to do.

At the top of the trail was a pretty lake where the boys had soooooo much fun having rock throwing competitions, throwing giant logs into the lake, drinking 5 Capri Suns each, and making Dallin balance on a log in the lake.  It's always fun seeing that side of Dawson and his friends, they may fake like they're 22 and mature but they're really still boys at heart.








We went to a drive-in movie with Britt and Matt, our FIRST drive-in of the year if you can believe it.  The boys made a sweet set up in the back of the truck.  It might have been a little TOO comfy though... Dawson and Brittany fell asleep before the second movie.  Poor them, because the second one was WAY funnier than the first.



We also:

  • Watched A LOT of football... Baylor/TCU (Yay!), BYU/Ole Miss (horrible coaching by Ole Miss, they should not have lost), Utah State/Auburn (The Aggies were so close, I hate the SEC), Oregon/LSU (again the SEC = loathe), and Boise State/Georgia (why does every one think Boise State is the original BCS busters?  Not okay).  
  • Had a BBQ with Dawson's friends and had the best burgers ever made.     
  • Took Max for a walk
  • Started our calling in our Ward, giving a lesson and Sacrament to a special needs home.  Extremely entertaining, especially since it was Fast and Testimony Meeting.  We love it.
  • Had an amazing Sunday Feast with my side of the family followed by the best 3 hour nap
  • Worked out together
  • Picked out a headboard for our room
  • Got to go shopping with my dearest Mother!
  • Got delicious Red Mango
I love my husband and have so much fun with him!  Sad that I have to start a full time job this week.  Poor me :( 

Just kidding, I'm very lucky and really very excited!

2 comments: