7.26.2012

spear fishing

it has become a yearly tradition to go spear fishing with kawika casco
one of my dad's former players at the U
he is from maui and knows all the great spots to find the best fish
or octopus
or turtles
or eels


somehow kawika and the other boys are fearless
and are total savages and don't even get sad when they spear fishes through the eyes
true story
the ONLY comfort i have 
is that we wouldn't go hungry if the world was ending and we had to hunt for our own food
i would just have to learn to like the taste of fish





i personally swim in constant fear of a shark lurking behind me
it even takes me a while to get used to swimming with the big turtles
the ocean is straight up terrifying to me
and i'm pretty sure the ocean creatures can hear my heart pounding the whole time
the only reason i go year after year (this was our 5th year!) is because 
my fear of growing old and boring is even worse 
than my fear of being eaten alive by a shark
or getting tangled up in a killer jelly fish
or being stung through the heart by a sting ray like the crocodile hunter



anyway
dawson, my dad, ty, and ashley did a great job of spearing some fish for our group
although we graciously let kawika keep them all for his dinner
since he caught both of the octopus and the majority of the fish anyway








don't they look delicious?



No comments:

Post a Comment