7.09.2012

pioneer trek


i was so excited when they called me and dawson to be an aunt and uncle at pioneer trek
did that sound believable?
ok, i'll admit, i might have had a little bit of a bad attitude about going.

i hadn't gone on trek when i was younger because i HAD to go to cheer camp
and i kinda thought i had gotten out of it



i guess it really wasn't that bad though.  we had a fun little group of kids, and since we weren't technically a ma and pa, we didn't have to do too much work.  we did however, still have to push that dang handcart and it just so happened that our particular trek was just one huge hill after another.  

gabby and dacia, my fave two girls

red (the horse) was my bud

overall it was a good experience.  oh, and the best part was on the first day we had all these "pioneer activities" planned, and i discovered that i have incredible skill in throwing a tomahawk.  dawson was a little jealous that i was better than him, but i told him if we were in hunger games i would use my skills and save him.

note dawson's tomahawk flying one the logs.  then note my first tomahawk dead center in the top one.  and yes, my second one went right next to it.

i am absolutely positive that the pioneers had angels helping them along the way, especially the handcart companies, because i just don't see how they could have walked that freaking far, in those conditions, with no food, and not have just died in their tracks on the plains.  i know i sure would have.
dawson (who would have been pretty much would have been the best pioneer ever) would have had to carry me on his back or else leave me and find a new heartier pioneer wife.  although i think he'd have a real tough time finding someone who could throw that tomahawk as good as me....

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I've been waiting for this post. I am glad that you enjoyed the Pioneer Trek, I went in high school and actually ended up loving most of it. Although I couldn't imagine being an actually pioneer and do not think I would have survived back then. I am very impressed by your Tomahawk skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that the pioneers were not dressed as cute as you. I don't know how you manage it but you could be wearing rags and look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete