8.19.2011

T & J are home!

Two of my favorite cousins got home recently from their missions.  Trevor was in Columbus, Ohio and Jason was in Columbia, South Carolina, both Spanish speaking.  I can't believe it's been two years!  They left in a whirlwind, it was absolutely crazy.  They got their calls when I was in Europe, I had to listen in on the phone at about 3 am my time.  I got back a few days later made it to their farewell, and they ended up leaving that same week.  So they left about a week after they got their calls, it was nuts.  Only their mom, Lynita, is an amazing enough person to pull that off.


Me and the twins were best friends growing up.  I would sleep over at their house and we'd play video games like "Battle Toads" (don't knock it til you try it) and "Twisted Metal".  Is that normal for a 10 year old girl?  Lake Powell trips with them were the best too, going lizard hunting and making sand traps for people to fall in.  And of course, going to all the Utah games with our family while my Grandpa was coaching.


Now that they're home Trevor is going to BYU and Jason is going to the U, but I don't think it will divide the family TOO much.  We know Trevor is still a Utah football fan, especially because Jason is playing football for the Utes starting next year!  Both boys are phenomenal football players, and it's been a blast watching them play throughout the years.


It's so exciting that the twins are finally home, there was definitely something missing at family parties without them.  They are so much fun and are the life of the party, especially during family dance off's.  I'm glad we have a few months with the whole family together before the next missionary (my little brother Alex) goes out.  I'm so proud of the twins for serving missions, they're awesome boys - and officially on the market single ladies!



3 comments: