8.23.2011

Big Bro

Happy birthday to my big brother Tyler!  I sure love my older brother, even though it took him going on a mission for us to really start getting along.  He pretty much tortured me all through elementary school and high school, so before the mission I have memories like:

  • Multiple fights that ended in me running upstairs to my room as fast as I could with him right on my heels, hoping I could make it to my room and shut/lock the door before he caught me
  • A permanent dead arm that lasted about 8 years straight
  • Rides on the back of his motorcycle... carrying all my books... in the WINTER... when he was supposed to be my ride to school
  • Him torturing one of my boyfriends by tying him to a chair in a dark room, holding a flashlight in his face, and interrogating him when we happened to show up at the same party
  • Tackling anybody I had a crush on that played football as hard as he could during football practice

Granted there are a few good memories, like him having infinite amounts of patience while teaching me how to wakeboard or sleeping in the same room as me on Christmas Eve so we could wake up together at 6am on Christmas.  But after his mission, when he was soooo much more mature, was when we really became best friends.  

Ty has given me great advice over the years and has been there for me through some hard times (like bringing me my favorite ice cream after I had a bad break-up, or watching movies with me after he BROKE MY NOSE and I was too bruised and damaged to leave the house for weeks).  I love him and couldn't imagine how boring life would be without a older brother like him.  Happy birthday Ty!


No comments:

Post a Comment