2.06.2012

Meet Dash

Never in my wildest dreams did I think Dawson would let me get a puppy.  Well, at least not for many, many, many years.  But SURPRISE!  Meet the newest member of our little family:

Dash

Now here is Dash's story.

I was working a set of 3 night shifts and work was sloooow.  Each night my friend Chaley and I would look up puppies on KSL and dream about playing with them.  I found this little guy's picture the first night, and knew there was little chance that he would still be available once I was done with night shifts and was finally able to go see him.

The heavens were looking down on me, because when I called the lady who posted the ad on Saturday morning, he was still available!  A family with little kids had just barely come to see him, but they didn't have cash on hand and the lady didn't feel comfortable selling him to be tortured by all those little rugrats.  

Another stroke of good luck:  I was taking Dawson to the circus that night, and they were both in the same area.  I convinced Dawson that it would be no problem to just stop by for a second and see him.  Dawson reluctantly agreed.  He probably thought it would be like before when we saw puppies... aka we never took one home.  While we were driving out to Layton and following mapquest we realized that the puppy's exit was the same as the Circus.  Is that a sign or what?

When we saw the puppy I loved him of course.  He was fluffy, playful, didn't bark, and snuggled me right away.  Literally, love at first sight. Dawson held him for a little bit, but mostly just watched me play with him.  We met his mom and dad too, and what's crazy is his mom is an all white Poodle, and his dad is a light tan and grey Yorkie.  As you can see Dash is completely black.  He's a freak of nature, but still completely adorable of course.  Anyway, we had to leave to get to the circus, but I told the lady we'd (hopefully) be in touch.  

When we got in the car, my mom had called so I called her back and told her about the puppy and just chatted.  When I got off the phone, I had my argument in mind.  I turned to Dawson and said "Now lets at least talk about this one".  He didn't look at me and just kept driving.  "Come on Daw, at least tell me what you thought!".  He just smiled and I looked out the window. We had just pulled up to the Wells Fargo ATM.    Dawson pulled the cash out of the ATM, and then said "That PetSmart was right down the street, I guess we better stop by there too".

I have the best husband in the entire world, and now I have the best puppy.  He curled up behind my neck in the car and snuggled quietly all the way home. We called our niece and nephew, Presley and Taedon, and told them to give us their best dog name. Taedon's choice was "Strobie" and Presley's was "Dash".  While Taedon's WAS pretty good... we decided he looked more like a Dash.




I had to work 3 more night shifts after we got him, but I bought and read Cesar Millan's Raising the Perfect Puppy in the first 2 nights.  It warmed my heart to have Dawson and Dash bonding at home, I hate when I work and Dawson is home alone.  Now he will have a buddy to keep him company always!  And I'm also very excited because we got him right in the middle of our 14 days, which means he was a late bday present for Dawson, and the best ever early bday present for me!


So now, the adventure of training him begins!  If any one has any tips, be sure to send them our way, I'm sure we are going to need them!



And I'm sorry, but I might be the type of person who obnoxiously puts up pictures of their dog, so I'm sorry if my blog posts start to get annoying.  I'll really try not to!

5 comments:

  1. Missy he is adorable! I want one so badly. What kind of dog is he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dash is cute, but Daw is adorable! I love hearing these sweet stories about Dawson! I can't wait to meet Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love dash already!! such a cute little guy!! and don't worry - i AM one of the obnoxious puppy people...so i will totally appreciate everything you post about him. keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE Dash... he is simply THE cutest!

    Have you considered Strobie as the middle name... Kent as the last? ;)

    You post pictures as frequently as you want. We are all annoying with the kid pics. lol

    p.s. love seeing all your 14 days. You done did good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a little cutie! i want one...

    ReplyDelete