2.05.2012

14 Days of Birthday


Remember how I'm older than Dawson?  Well there are 2 weeks out of the year where we are the same age, and ever since we first started dating years ago we've joked (but been serious) about how those were the best 2 weeks of the entire year.

So since Dawson is IMPOSSIBLE to buy presents for, I decided to be super creative and do the 

14 Days of Birthday

for him!  And also for me, since a lot of the things I got him included the two of us.  It was so much fun, and after buying presents and doing so many fun things it made me realize that maybe money CAN buy happiness....

Just kidding, I really would be perfectly happy and content if all I did was sit and stay home doing nothing with my husband.  And just so you know, I budgeted, schemed, used hook-ups, coupons, gift cards, etc. so that the whole 14 days cost under $200.  Dang I'm good! 

 But still, I wouldn't hate being rich someday.

Here are some of the presents that he got:



Day 1: Birthday Party
See here

Day 2 : Rodeo



 Day 3: King for a day

Day 4: Couples Massage




Day 5: KFC Gift Card
Mind you one of Dawson's favorite things in the world is going to the KFC Buffet with Jeff Wilson

Day 6: Undisclosed Gift

Day 7: Surprise breakfast
Chocolate donuts with chocolate milk was on the menu

Day 8: Movie and Nielsens night

Day 9: Pedicures 

Day 10: Circus








Note: We have made a resolution to never go to a Circus again.  It was just too heartbreaking to see all the animals in tiny cages and see their sad eyes.  That elephant was speaking to me, she wanted us to break her out.

Day 11: Tie Rack

Day 12: Reason's Why



Day 13: Jazz Game







Day 14: Ender's Game
I keep trying to get Dawson to read my favorite book so I bought it for him



If anyone ever plans on doing this, I suggest that you DON'T work 6 night shifts during the course of the 14 days, it certainly made things a little bit more difficult for me. But it was worth it and still so fun... Happy birthday again lover!  

2 comments:

  1. missssy! ender's game is your favorite book?!! suuch a good read! i grudingly read it in high school and ended up loving it enirely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute!!!!!! you are so creative. i am obsessed with you two. caitlin and i always talk at work about how we need to hang out.

    ReplyDelete