11.07.2012

married life

it's official.  i am an old married woman.

i used to get excited by weekend parties, shopping with girlfriends, concerts, GNO's,
or date nights out to fancy restaurants with dawson

now let me tell you what gets me excited these days.

like so excited that i couldn't fall asleep because i couldn't stop thinking about it.

i was going to organize the pantry!!!

once i got the idea into my head, it's all i could think about.
i googled "how to organize a pantry" and oh the possibilities.
i spent more time than i care to share looking at pictures of other people's pantries.
who would have thought that other people got as excited about organizing as me?

i decided that our date night should be to ikea, since i know they have cheap storage ideas.
dawson didn't know i had a hidden agenda, but since we both love ikea he wanted to go.
we made a great night out of it, spending hours inside ikea and then nourishing ourselves at in-n-out.


i won't get into all the details of my pantry makeover
but it was quite a bit of work so you have to at least appreciate it.

before:

during:

after:

so there you have it.
my extremely exciting, thrilling, action-packed life!
we've also done extreme bathroom, bedroom closet, and kitchen makeover,
but i won't get your adrenaline going too high with pictures of those.

i'm so happy that i love where i live.
but even more importantly, i love who i share my home with.
and i wouldn't change my dull, pantry organizing life for anything in the world.


5 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm inspired. Looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pardon me for being the dorky med student here, but the giant bottle of casein made me wonder if you guys have ever heard of the china study? Thoughts? btw, the pantry looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this really is exciting!! i wish i could do this in our tiny apartment pantry..but good inspiration for later on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Now I want to go to Ikea and get some of those gadgets you used to organize.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it, miss!! you have inspired me...ikea may be on my weekend list!

    ReplyDelete