12.17.2012

what if?

a few months ago this song was a number one hit on the radio, and every time it came on dawson would turn it up a little bit.  he never said anything about it but after listening to it a few times i had to laugh because it almost describes us perfectly.  now i know the music video is incredibly cheesy, but watch it anyway and you can pretend that you are watching dawson and i (ignore the fact that we look nothing like the people in this video)



i'm not tooting my own horn and saying that dawson is lucky to have me (i'm the one who married up, helloooo. have you met my hilarious, handsome, genius husband?),
but it is just funny how so many things lee brice sings about reminds me of us.  

we both know if we had never met that daw would hit up the kfc with jeff wilson weekly.
he would most definitely golf more, and snowmobile a lot more too.  
he wouldn't know about yoga, not to mention crossfit or pilates or healthy foods.  
we all know that i'm as a big of football fan as him, but he would be a lot bigger basketball fan.  

he would be living in a bachelor pad, but it'd probably be at byu-hawaii where he was going to go to school before we decided to get engaged and ruin that plan.
every night would be a "boys night" (because i refuse to think of him going on dates)
unfortunately he still has a motorcycle right now, but it'd would be a much faster one if he was single.
and he definitely would not worry about throw pillows. or house decorations. 
or about taking a million pictures. or even know what a blog is.

i asked dawson what my life would be like if we hadn't ever got married
(even though i don't like to think about that, it is a recurring nightmare that i have), 
and this is what we came up with:

my keys would live in a continual state of lostness
i would still be in a relationship with my blackberry instead of my iphone
not to mention i would never have a charged phone
dash would not exist in my life
i would never have a warm car in the mornings before work
my clothes would not know what life inside a closet was like
i would be missing out on some of the best friends and family around
my sweats and socks would all fit me because i wouldn't have dawson's to steal
i would be the epitome of loneliness and cry myself to sleep every night

i feel like it's fairly safe to say that we are quite lucky that we found each other.





2 comments:

  1. This is a very creative post, I like it. As I was reading it, I couldn't help but feel sad. I'm glad this is just a WHAT IF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the post! I think that is what every young girl dreams of. You are so lucky, and so is Dawson!! Love you both.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete