3.29.2012

Awesome & Awkward

While Dash is still obviously the center of our lives, I've decided to expand Awesome and Awkward to include more than just him.

Awesome... Being done with night shifts and having a whole week off!
Awkward... Having had cheesecake, chips and salsa, and a turkey sandwich for breakfast the past 3 days

Awesome... Almost bringing home a pitbull from Petco that was up for adoption and was the most precious thing ever and was telling me with her eyes that she needed me
Awkward... Crying a little on the way home after I called Dawson and he told me "Hell no"
Even more Awkward... Dash deciding he needs to defile Petco as well as Petsmart  and pooping right in the middle of the aisle again

Awesome... Dash loving me and wanting to be by me all the time
Awkward... Dash knowing what my phone and computer mean, and deciding that he hates them taking my attention away from him.  Hence he is constantly pawing at me and trying to sit on the keyboard as I type this.

Awesome... My beautiful sister-in-law Jen turning 30 this week! (But still looking 21 and better than ever)
Awkward... Me sleeping through her bday because I had worked a night shift and forgetting to call her - but I WILL make up for it!

Awesome... Jen and I going to Serba's work out class yesterday
Awkward... Being so sore today that I can't pick up Dash or sit down on the toilet without tears coming to my eyes

Awesome... Having a puppy play date with Monroe and Maizy
Awkward... Dash deciding Monroe is his girlfriend and having his teenage boy instincts take over (if you know what I mean)

Awesome... The sunny weather we've been having on my days off!
Awkward... The one rainstorm we had was when Dawson was coming home from class on the motorcycle


We are weekend bound folks, and we can't even wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. love the awesome & awkward posts! and love little dash even more! despite all the action he was trying to get w/ my baby. haha! let's go to the park next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love eating non-breakfast foods for breakfast. but really though. leftover soup? yes please. grilled chicken? why not? obviously i need to work on eating normal foods at normal hours. dawson's reply to getting another dog is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A&A is BACK! Yes! I had a few good laughs.

    It's a good thing this dirty 30 thing is lasting even longer than my usual birth week, and it's an even better thing how much I love you! You saying I look 21, even if you are exaggerating, I will take that "making up." ha

    I told you Surba is a crazy mofo! ;) More classes for us and our G.I.R-G.I.T summer goals! Oh yeah!!

    p.s. Rue dying. I mean. honestly. could hardly take that. and. do you think you cried so much over Prim b/c she slightly resembles Kylie?!

    ReplyDelete