1.21.2012

6 month Anniversary

WOW.
We have been married for 6 months today.
Time flies.

Marriage has been the best adventure in my life so far.  I've learned a lot about myself, and even more about Dawson.  Here are some things the past 6 months have taught us about life, marriage, and each other.

  • Laundry and dishes NEVER END
  • Being the first to say sorry is not very fun, but sometimes necessary  (especially when you don't think it's your fault)
  • Dawson is a super star dish washer and trash taker outer
  • I am not a super star cook (but I'm getting better!)
  • Working full time makes you appreciate any time spent with your spouse
  • Dawson never leaves his clothes on the floor.  Ever.  It's freaky.
  • I actually CAN keep a house clean... for a few days at a time
  • We can survive without having cable television despite our childhood TV watching habits
  • Dawson is a good grown up- he knows about insurance, stocks, budgeting, finances, etc. (What I know about that stuff is about equivalent to my knowledge of the mating habits of African Elephants)
  • Family ward sacrament meetings are a lot louder than Single Ward's
  • Talking things out accomplishes a lot more than the silent treatment
  • It's still possible to learn something completely new about the other person even after knowing each other for 7 years and being married for 6 months.  Lucky for me, every new thing I find out about my husband only makes me fall even more in love with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment