1.02.2014

happy new year!




as amazing as 2013 was, i'm thinking that 2014 can top it.
we have a lot of plans but i don't want to jinx any of them so i'm keeping them on the D.L.
but what is a new year without new years resolutions?
even though i'm a week late, i'm going to write them down and commit now.


here are my personal resolutions:

eat less sugar.  i generally try to be a healthy eater.  i enjoy working out and eating healthy because it makes me feel better.  i follow all the fads (i'm so gullible), like daily green smoothies, eat chia and hemp seeds, take apple cider vinegar shots, eat tons of kale salads and quinoa, drink kombucha, love greek yogurt and kefir, avoid the microwave and plastic containers, etc.  but my downfall is my sweet tooth.  i joke around and say that i work out just so i can eat what i want, but i'm really not joking.  i'm serious.  i'm the girl that has dessert after EVERY meal, eats more than my share when we are "sharing" desserts, or goes back for 3rd or 4th (or 8th) helpings of brownies/cookies/cake.  if you don't believe me, you need to see me in action.
in 2014 i will no longer consume excessive amounts of sugar and limit myself to one dessert per day.

love myself and not care what others think.  i was recently informed that my dark blonde hair is boring, and my long hair is blah and accentuates my long face.  at first i was depressed and it started a cascade of self loathing: "wow, i really AM blah and boring. and my chin is too pointy.  and my forehead is a FIVEhead.  and my lips are so thin.  and i'm not stylish.  and i have nothing to wear.  i'm basically shaped like a hobbit.  and i gained so much holiday weight.  and…."  and i wanted to change everything about myself.  then my husband told me that i'm perfect and to him i'm the prettiest girl in the world.  and i wondered, who do i believe?  my husband who i am going to spend my life with?  or other people's opinions?
in 2014 i am going to choose to not compare myself to others or worry about what they think of me.  i am going to try to love myself as much as my husband does, and hopefully become a happier, more content person.

be more careful with money.  i could put this as a joint resolution, but really dawson doesn't spend any money ever besides on necessities.  i somehow find all kinds of things that i think are necessities, but really aren't.  i'm actually not a HUGE spender and we keep a good budget, but i tend to impulse buy and then i have a closet full of things that i have only worn once or twice and don't like anymore, or knick knacks around the house that just end up in the storage room or closest.
in 2014 i will be more aware of what i'm spending money on and won't impulse buy so that we can save more money for the future.


here are dawson's resolutions:

keep sugar intake under 30gm or less a day.

do one load of laundry a week.

have more patience, especially with things that are out of my control.

(dawson isn't a man of many words, as you can tell)


and here are our resolutions as a couple:

attend the temple at least 2 times a month.  we started going to the temple once a week this past fall and it made such a difference in our lives.  and then the holidays came and we were so busy that we didn't make it at all.  so no more of this all or nothing approach.
in 2014 we will attend the temple together at least 2 times a month.

be positive.  about our jobs, our relationship, ourselves, our friends, our family, etc.   i believe that negative thoughts really affect you in more ways than you think.  so we are going to get rid of all negativity!!!
in 2014 we will keep our thoughts and words positive.

wish us luck!


1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions!! I agree only care really about what your husband's say. I may not be blonde expert but I like your hair is a wonderful color!!

    ReplyDelete